Saturday 9 July 2011

Ride on Still Life

Few bands have got at me the same way The Horrors have. They were the band of Glastonbury last year when we saw them at sunset on the Park Stage. It might have been a combination of a fuzzy red-wine head at 7pm, or the strange mushroom omelette that I had for lunch (ahem), but when they took to the stage and played their debut album Primary Colours in its entirety and it blew me and the missus away.

Understandably, we were HUGELY excited about the follow up material and first single from the new album, 'Still Life.' And it didn't disappoint. A buzzy, shoegaze meets pop blast of ever-evolving brilliance, it's one of the best tunes of 2011 already. But - and there's always a but - it didn't quite work on the dancefloor at Loaded.

So, I've added a fairly large tweak, sped it up slightly and mashed it up with one of my nu-disco bangers. The beats are now harder, faster and the two songs work really well together in my opinion. But that's just my thoughts, click on this link for my mashup and listen for yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment