Friday 3 June 2011

Re-Loaded

Maybe it was the timing of the launch, maybe it was the drink deals, and maybe it was the fact I'd pimped out my FB account for 3 solid weeks mentioning nothing but (it was the drink deals, I know), but the Loaded launch at Casa Latina was ace. Like ace squared. 

People were rocking up by 9.30, and just 2 hours later it was one in, one out. As Simon, the other half of See You Next Friday, pointed out though, a packed club is one of life's better problems. 

Musically, I think we lived up to our promises - everything from Aphex Twin to Buddy Holly was thrown into the mix, and in our 3 years as SYNF, we've not seen a better dancefloor than when The Strokes kicked in about 1.15am after a long loop. 

We're back on Friday June 24, with slightly less FB pimping, and the same silly drink deals (Dhs75 for 5 cans of Kingfisher - are they quite mad?). And it's also my 30th, so I'll be taking up residence at the bar downing buying/drinking shots and then attempting to mix indie into drum and bass. Winner. 


No comments:

Post a Comment